Skip to main content

Greg Papazian

Greg Papazian


Greg Papazian's claim to fame started off when he was working his career as a photographer in 1971 at the age of 17, Greg worked as a staff photographer, which he took photos of Rock-and-Roll Musicians who appeared at the Sunset Strip during heyday. Greg contributed his photography to plenty of the 70’s Rock Magazines, which involve Cream, Rock, Melody Maker, Rolling Stone, Circus, and plenty more.

Greg Papazian with one of his old photos of Chuck Barry from 1973
Even though Greg has set up photo sessions, his specialty is using black and white, with a 35mm live film during concert shoots, along with 95% lighting. Greg’s photos are shot with a 85mm lens, rather than using a telephoto, mainly because the 85mm lens allows Greg to take compression-free photos, along with the maximum depth of field.

Here are some photos that Greg Papazian took when he started off with his photography career:

Rod Stewart – Rod Stewart and the Faces
The Hollywood Bowl, 1972

Jimmy Page – Led Zeppelin
L.A. FORUM, August 21, 1971 

Rory Gallagher
NBC STUDIOS – THE MIDNIGHT SPECIAL TV SHOW,
June 7, 1974

Mott the Hoople
Hyatt House – Hollywood, January 1972

Dale Bozzio
LONG BEACH ARENA, December 31, 1982

Tina Turner – Ike and Tina Turner Review
NBC STUDIOS – THE MIDNIGHT SPECIAL TV SHOW,
November 9, 1973

Annabella Lwin – Bow wow wow
LOS ANGELES, April 1, 1983

Chuck Berry
NBC STUDIOS – THE MIDNIGHT SPECIAL TV SHOW
October 12, 1973

Steve Winwood – Traffic
SANTA MONICA CIVIC AUDITORIUM, February 21, 1973

Here is a quote for the times around when Greg Papazian was taking photos around the sunset strip:

“During the Seventies, the Sunset Strip was the major getaway for many rock legends.”
– Robert Hillburn – L.A. Times


Resources:

For more recent photos, follow Greg on his Facebook, or his Instagram.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nintendo's Newest Exercise Gear to Replace the Wii Fit.

Photo Credit: https://www.vooks.net/nintendos-new-switch -experience-a-new-adventure-game-called-ring-fit-adventure/ During the month of September, Nintendo released a trailer for two new game accessories that are for Nintendo's latest best selling product, the Nintendo Switch. The media was confused on what these accessories could possibly be for, and if they're for another fitness game like the Wii Fit. One week later, Nintendo released another trailer, which described what this equipment was being used for, and Nintendo's newest fitness game; Ring Fit Adventure.   In this blog session, I'm going to talk about how Nintendo's latest product will add on to the marketing value to the company; why this product will catch the consumers attention; and how successful this product could be when compared to Nintendo's other marketing products. For more information about Nintendo's Ring Fit Adventure, there will be a link at the end of the blog that r

Humans of LBCC: Nathan Crane

My Name is Nathan Crane, I'm a 23 year-old Art Major at LBCC, I'm looking forward to becoming a Videogame Design Major when I transfer to the University of Oregon, and I have been going to LBCC for four years now. Most of my life experiences haven't been too harsh on me for most of my life, It all started off when I was born in Montana, I was diagnosed with an Autism spectrum known as Asperger's Syndrome, so I usually had a hard time learning my studies later on when I was old enough to go to school. My parents were divorced three times, the first time was before I was born, and my older sister wanted them to get back together again, the second time was around when I was in grade school, and I was the one who wanted them to get back together, and the last time my parents were divorced, I was in middle school, and my sister and I finally understood why our parents couldn't get along with each other. After I was done with Middle School, me and my mom decided to l